Narrow Gauge 10 Mile
Time: 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Location: Fort Lewis College
Since 1978 the Narrow Gauge 10 Mile Run has been one of Durango’s oldest Memorial Day traditions. The 10-mile course showcases the Fort Lewis College rim, the Animas River Trail and great views of Durango!
Bring the family and enjoy the 10 (or 4) mile run, FREE Kids Run, food, drink, awards and more down by the Animas River in Santa Rita Park!
Proceeds benefit the Marc Witkes Memorial Fund and other local 4-corners organizations.
- Register online at RunSignup
- Entry Fees:
- 10 Mile: $40 until March 1, $45 until May 1, $50 after May 1, $60 on race day
- 4 Mile: $30 until March 1, $35 until May 1, $40 after May 1, $50 on race day
- DRC members get $5 off (applied automatically as long as member has claimed their account with RunSignup; no coupon code required)
- Anyone who registers after May 1st, we can not guarantee you get your shirt size. Shirt orders are put in the middle of April.
- Signed up for the Iron Horse Bicycle Classic? Swim the Narrow Horse (Friday afternoon) and run the Narrow Gauge 10 Mile (Sunday Morning) and be recognized as an honorary Narrow Horse Triathlon finisher!
- There will be 3 aid stations for the 10 mile, and 1 aid station for the four mile. The aid station will include water and tailwind. There will also be first aide supplies at the aid stations.
- The finish line will be stocked with water, food and refreshments. Tomsic Physical Therapy will be on-hand to address any medical needs or answer your questions about healthy running!
- Fri, May 25 3:00pm-7:00pm at Durango Running Company (473 E. College Dr.)
- Sat, May 26 10:00am-6:00pm at Durango Running Company (473 E. College Dr.)
- Sun, May 27, 6:30am-7:30am at Fort Lewis College
- 10-Mile: Starts at 8:00am
- 4-Mile: Starts at 8:15am
- Free kids race at 10:00am
- A quick runner briefing will take place five minutes before the start of each race.
- All participants receive a race shirt.
- All finishers receive a pint glass!
- Top 2 overall male/female 10-Milers win custom prizes.
- Top 1 overall male/female 4-Milers win custom prizes.
- All runners and volunteers are encouraged to stick around the finish line for
- Food, drinks and refreshments
- Music and entertainment
- Socializing with other runners
- 1-Mile Kids Run
- Events like this are impossible without volunteers. THANK YOU for generously donating your time!
- Volunteers are needed for all sorts of roles (packet pickup, timing, setup, teardown and more).
- Click here to view and register for a volunteer roles.
- Race Director: Shaun Burke (email)